CLERK – TREASURER HOLIDAY HOURS
Dec. 11-13, 2017 Tax Collection – 9 a.m. – 1 p.m
Dec. 16, 2017 (Sat) Tax Collection – 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Dec. 18-20, 2017 Tax Collection – 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
December 23, 2017 CLOSED
December 24, 2017 CLOSED
December 25, 2017 CLOSED (Christmas Day)
December 26, 2017 CLOSED
December 27, 2017 Tax Collection – 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
December 28, 2017 Tax Collection – 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
December 29, 2017 Tax Collection – 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
December 30, 2017 CLOSED
December 31, 2017 CLOSED
January 1, 2018 CLOSED (New Year’s Day)
Special Saturdays January 20th & 27th, 2018 9 a.m.-12:30.m.
Please take notice that the Town of Brazeau has prepared and authorized by the town board a “Code of Ordinances.” The full text will be open for public inspection commencing November 1st, 2017 through November 20th, 2017 at the town clerk-treasurer’s office at 10892 Parkway Road, Pound, WI 54161. Please call 920-897-3855 to establish appointment for viewing or electronic viewing by Bay-Lakes Regional Planning Commission link at http://baylakerpc.org/community-assistance/current-projects
NOTICE of the BOARD OF REVIEW
TOWN OF BRAZEAU, OCONTO COUNTY, WI
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Review will meet at the BRAZEAU TOWN HALL at
10892 Parkway Road, Pound, for the purpose of calling the Board of Review into session on July 24, 2017 at 6:30 p.m..
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the Board of Review and procedural requirements if appearing before the Board:
1. No person shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to the Board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to view such property.
2. After the first meeting of the Board of Review and before the Board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the Board of Review may contact, or provide information to a member of the Board about the person’s objection, except at a session of the Board.
3. The Board of Review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board’s clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
4. Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all of that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
5. When appearing before the Board of Review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
6. The Board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the Board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone unless the Board, in it’s discretion, has determined to grant a property owner’s or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
7. No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or a least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s. 70.47 (3)(a), Wis. Stats., that person provides to the clerk of the Board of Review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the Board of Review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Notice is hereby given this 19th day of June, 2017
Town of Brazeau
Jean Grosse, Clerk-Treasurer
STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Brazeau
Pursuant to s. 70.45, Wis. stats., the Town of Brazeau assessment roll for the year 2017 assessment will be open for examination on the 15th day July, 2017, at Town of Brazeau Hall, 10892 Parkway Road, Pound, WI from 9:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m.
Instructional material about the assessment, how to file an objection, and board of review procedures under Wisconsin law will be available at that time.
Notice is hereby given this 14th day of June, 2017.
Jean Grosse, Town of Brazeau, Clerk/Treasurer
ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
Town of Brazeau, Oconto County
10892 Parkway Road, Pound
Brazeau Town Hall
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Town Meeting for the Town of Brazeau in the County of Oconto, State of Wisconsin, for the transaction of business as is by law required or permitted to be transacted at such meeting, will be held at the Town of Brazeau Hall in said town on April 18, 2017 at 6:30 p.m.
Proposed agenda (reference Wis. Stat. §60.10 & §60.11)
• Authorize town board to-set tax levy-tax rate or dollar amount (elector powers)
• Direct power of board to borrow money (elector powers)
• Fix compensation of elected town officials (elector powers)
• Pursue & enact town zoning (advisory directive)
• Approve appointed clerk-treasurer referenda (advisory directive)
Town of Brazeau
Jean Grosse, Clerk Treasurer
March 31, 2017
State of Wisconsin
Town of Brazeau
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a special town meeting of the Town of Brazeau, Oconto County, Wisconsin, will be held in the town at Brazeau Town Hall at 10892 Parkway Road, Pound, Wis. on March 21, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Special Town Meeting of the Electors pursuant to Wis. Stats. § 60.12(1)(c) and Town board special meeting . The special town meeting purpose is to consider the budget for the Elizabeth R. Washebek Memorial Building.
Dated this date of 2nd of March, 2017
Town of Brazeau Clerk-Treasurer, Jean Grosse
REQUEST FOR BIDS
Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SBCA)
Town of Brazeau Fire Department
John Fetterly, Fire Chief
Brazeau Fire Department is requesting sealed bid specification for the following Personal Protective Equipment that meets most current NFPA and Niosh standards including electronic and non electronic communications.
Twenty one (21) complete self contained breathing apparatus which consists of a back frame, face piece with carrying bag for each mask, and two (2) air bottles per unit. Each face piece mask with at least four (4) point adjustable cloth head harness. (Must fit test all members of the Brazeau Fire Department)
Air bottles must be 4500psi at 45 minute composite with quick connect cylinder adaptors.
This bid must include nine (9) additional face piece masks as mentioned above that fit members of the Brazeau Fire Department.
Bids must also include two (2) hard cases and a fitting to fit our cascade unit.
Bids are to include an itemized price list.
Sealed bid specs need to be sent to:
Brazeau Fire Department
10892 Parkway Road
Pound, WI 54161